1. Always start with a new vacuum cleaner bag. You do not want to have your vacuum cleaner leaving dirt and dust particles behind. Vacuum the entire floor twice in different directions. We feel that this is the best possible way to capture all the loose particles.
Spring cleaning tips:
2. Mix a good floor cleaning solution properly suited for your floor. Replace the old mop head with a new mop head and wash the floor thoroughly to loosen and capture all of the surface dirt.
3. Once the floor is dry vacuum the floor in different directions once again. This should ensure that all loose dirt is picked up and removed from the floor.
4. Use a rotary floor machine and your choice of stripper solvent to go over the floor twice in different directions. Use short left to right power strokes when stripping the floor to ensure all the old layers that may be scratched, yellow, or non lustrous are removed.
5. Replace the mop head once again and apply the sealer directly towards the floor. Spread the first coat of sealer out evenly across the floor with the mop. Make sure the sealer is 100% dry before proceeding to step 6.
6. Once dry, repeat step 5, excluding replacing the mop head, to apply second coat of sealer. This will ensure that your tiled floor is 100% sealed. Once again, make sure the sealer is dried completely before proceeding to step 7.
7. Replace the mop head once again. You are now ready to apply the coats of wax. Waxing floors is what creates that beautiful show room floor shine. It is essential that you take your time and do it right. There are basically two types of waxes: One type, after applying, requires buffing to bring out that great shine. The second type, once you apply, requires no buffing. We have had success using both types of waxes, the only difference is, the wax that requires buffing, has been proven to last a longer. Once you have chosen your type of wax we recommend soaking your mop head in a half wax, half water mixture. This just dampens the mop. This is essential for applying a smooth layer of wax. Apply a small amount of wax to a small part of your tiled floor. Spread it evenly over that part of the floor, making sure no spots are left undone. Continue this until your entire floor is finished. Make sure the wax is 100% dry before proceeding to step 8.
8. You are now ready to apply the second coat of wax. Follow step 7, excluding replacing the mop head.
9. **Just for the waxes that require buffing** Make sure the floor is dried completely. Replace the stripping pad on the rotary floor machine with the buffing pad. Go over your entire floor until desired shine is achieved.